The Cerasis Freight extension has integrated Bill of Lading functionality once the order is processed it is possible to generate a BOL as a PDF directly from the Magento Order back-end under
Sales > Orders > Shipments.
The Bill of Lading created in Magento will be automatically sent to Cerasis and can be viewed and actioned in the Cerasis Online Rater
To use the BOL functionality you need to ensure that the following details are correctly configured on your Magento Store:
- Shipping Origin details configured under
System > Shipping Settings > Originyou need to ensure that all the details are completed
- Store details configured under
System > General > Store informationyou need to ensure that all the details are completed except for “VAT Number” which is optional.
Creating a Bill of Lading
Once your Shipment or Shipments have been created for your order, you can generate your Shipment’s Bill of Lading. This functionality is available to be tested in the Light version of the Cerasis Freight Shipping extension as well as the Full version.
- Go to
Sales > Shipments
- Click “View” next to the Shipment for which you want to print a Bill of Lading
- Click on the “Create Shipping Label…” button in the “Shipping and Tracking Information” section
- Click “Add Products” and select all products to be included in this shipment (Click “Add Package” if your Shipment will contain more than 1 package)
- Click “Add Selected Product(s) to Package”
- Ensure “Total Weight” is correct and enter Length, Width, and Height, if necessary
- Click “OK”
- Click “Print Shipping Label” under “Shipping and Tracking Information”
- A PDF of the Bill of Lading will download which can then be printed, signed, and tendered to the carrier on pickup