Obtaining UPS Freight Account
With the UPS Freight extension you must have a UPS Freight test account before you can get rates back. This is separate to your standard UPS account.
You can register for a test account on the UPS Freight site.
Once you have this you will need to enable
Test Mode from within the extensions configuration panel to request access to production rates.
This will automatically setup scenario 1 in the UPS Test Guide for you which is below for your reference.
In order to display the total freight charge we recommend you switch off all handling/flat fees/etc and then just use the rate that is returned in the cart shipping quote for a business address.
Alternatively you can switch on logging and view the raw data. The request/response will be present if you switch on debug at the UPS Freight level. The entry you’re looking for is
Price Arr in the logs.
If this isn’t working you can view the entire response UPS is sending by clicking on UPS LTL Response within the logger. To format the UPS Response take it and then paste into notepad, saving as response.xml. You can then open this file in a browser such as IE or Chrome and it will format it so it is more human readable. You can also search for
TotalShipmentCharge etc in the response text if you prefer.
In order to get qualified for Production you then need to do the following:
- Login to the UPS Developer Kit
- Navigate to Access and Administration->Manage Access Keys
- Enter your current Access Key and select Request Production Key NB: If you are presented with a notification window explaining that production access is not guaranteed and nothing happens when you click continue please re-try with an alternative web browser. We have had reports of this occurring with one web browser but not another.
- Select Rating-Ground Freight API
We appreciate this is confusing for some but the constraints here are made by UPS, and not us.
Shipping Method Configuration
- Open Magento Admin
- Navigate to
System->Configuration->Shipping Methods->WebShopApps UPS Freight
- Enable the shipping method and enter serial key provided by WebShopApps
- Enter User ID, Password, Access License Number and Payor Details provided by UPS
- Set rest of configuration as required
- Save Configuration
Display Criteria and Packing Information
If applicable, set the display criteria and packing options.