Please follow these steps to install your extension. These installation instructions have been refined over the past 2 years and provide comprehensive installation guidance. If you do not follow these steps as indicated you may well see issues with your install, which may take some time to resolve. So please follow each step carefully and if the install fails re-check the steps.
- Switch off the Magento Compiler if enabled under
- Ensure Cache is enabled in Admin
- Extract all the zip archive(s). On some installations you may have a separate archive called WsaCommon. This is required by the extension and must be installed
- Copy the app directory from src into your Magento base directory overwriting any files. * Note: This does not overwrite any core files
- If the folder
app/design/frontendis present in your extension zip please ensure these files are merged into your theme
- If the folder
app/design/adminhtmlis present in your extension zip please ensure these files are merged into your theme
- If in the zip archive you have a folder skin please ensure these files are merged into your theme
- Copy over any other files under the src area to your Magento install (e.g. lib changes, etc)
- Log out of admin and back in. If you do not do this you will get 404 Access Denied errors
- Disable cache in admin
- Flush the magento cache storage in cache management by clicking the ‘Flush Magento Cache’ Button. (Or you can manually remove
- Open frontend of website to force extension to load (this will ensure that the sql updates within extension are performed).
- If you’re using the compiler you need to recompile via
System->Tools->Compilation(it will say here if it’s compiled, if you’re using 1.4 and it’s compiled but disabled you may need to re-compile anyway) If you do not you will see an error similar to ‘Call to a member function toOptionArray() on a non-object…’ when accessing shipping methods. You may also see Fatal Errors for missing files
- You have now installed your extension and should see it present in relevant area of backend
- On Magento 1.4.* re-index all data in Index Management (Configuration)
- Re-enable cache in admin.
Problems After Installation