Our Delivery Options for UPS extension supports adding the option of shipment via UPS® shipping methods to a UPS Access Point™ location. The configurations outlined below allow the customization of the options for display and management of the options present to customers.
Prior to Configuration
Before configuring your extension you’ll need to set up your UPS account credentials via the WebShopApps UPS account registration application. This article outlines that process.
To access the configuration options of our Delivery Options for UPS extension you’ll need to log in to your Magento admin panel, click “System” > “Configuration”, choose “UPS Access Point™” from the left navigation bar.
- UPS Access Point™ Section
- Enabled Enables UPS Access Point as an option on checkout (See image).
- Serial Key Your WebShopApps Serial Key given to you on purchase of the extension.
- Title The title of the UPS Access Point shipping method as shown on checkout (See image).
- Mode In “Development” mode allows you to test the Delivery Options for UPS extension on your store. Requires mode to be “Live” before put in use in a live environment.
- UPS Access Point Location Search
- Shipper Number Enter your UPS Shipper Number to allow the extension to retrieve shipping rates.
- Google API Key You’ll need to obtain a Google Maps API Key before you can show locations on Google Maps maps in checkout, order information, and order confirmation emails. Follow these instructions to obtain a Google Maps API Key.
- Use Geolocation This will enable browser-based geolocation which will guess your customer’s location and show the nearest UPS Access Point locations to them in the map on checkout. This will require one-time customer assent to enable geolocation.
- Maximum Distance for Closest Access Points On checkout, only UPS Access Point locations closer than this distance will be shown at checkout.
- Unit of Measurement Choose the unit of measurement to be used by the extension
- Display Map A map of UPS Access Point locations can be shown on checkout, customer email receipts, and customer account order views. Select all that you wish to apply.
- Show tooltip at checkout Displays a small icon and associated tooltip on the first step of checkout next to the “Pickup from UPS Access Point™ location” option.
- Business Types to Exclude Choose any types of businesses that you’d like to exclude from showing as an option for pickup. Choose as many as you wish to apply.
- Sandbox Mode Sandbox mode must be set to “Yes” during testing and “No” when used in production.
- Standard Shipping
- Enable Negotiated Rates If you have negotiated UPS rates and wish to use those as the base for charging customers on checkout, choose “Yes.”
- Customer Classification Code If you do not have a UPS shipper number entered in Magento, you’ll need to specify the type of customer classification that applies to you to retrieve accurate rates. Most customers will choose “Rates Associated with Shipper Number (default)” in this field.
- Pickup Method Choose the correct pickup arrangement you have with UPS to receive the most accurate rates.
- Calculate Handling Fee If you would like to add a handling fee to the price charged to customers for shipping, specify the type of handling fee in this field.
- Handling Applied If you would like to add a handling fee to the price charged to customers for shipping, choose here whether the fee is applied to the entire order (e.g. if your fee is $1.50 and the order contains two $10.00 items, choosing “Per Order” would result in a total of $11.50+shipping) or to each item (e.g. in the same example, the total would be $13.00+shipping).
- Handling Fee Specify the handling fee as either a fixed monetary value or a percentage of the order total depending on the setting in “Calculate Handling Fee” above.
- Ship to Applicable Countries Choose to allow shipping to all countries where the UPS Access Point program is available, or choose “Specific Countries” to choose certain countries to ship to.
- Ship to Specific Countries If you have chosen “Specific Countries” above, you’ll need to then select all the countries for which you’d like to enable UPS Access Point as a shipping method. UPS Access Point will only be available to customers as a shipping option if UPS offers that option in the chosen country*, regardless of the options chosen here.
- Show Method if Not Applicable If UPS Access Point service is not available to your customers either because of the restrictions of the program itself or because of your filtering choices above, choose whether or not it should be shown as an unavailable option or not during checkout.
- Displayed Error Message If you have chosen “Yes” on “Show Method if Not Applicable” above, you’ll need to specify the message to be shown when UPS Access Point service is not available.
- Sort Order Controls where in the list of available shipping methods you have enabled the UPS Access Point option will be shown.
* Extension Notes
In order to retrieve rates or print labels for shipping to UPS Access Point locations, UPS Access Point shipping will need to be enabled on your UPS shipper account. Please contact your UPS representative for details.
This extension does not support the Kiala™ program in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, and Spain; or the UPS Paket Shop program in Germany. These programs make use of a separate API which is not implemented by our extension. Access Point locations in Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany and Spain are supported.
UPS®, the UPS Shield trademark, the UPS Access Point™ and the Color Brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.