The Dropship Onepage extension provides functionality to support multiple warehouses/vendors in Magento. It allows you to split your products into different shipping groups (warehouses), then define the shipping methods that apply for that warehouse.
There is the facility to then show the customer either merged shipping rates so they are oblivious to the different warehouses, or alternatively show a breakdown of rates on a per warehouse basis, and let the customer select shipping options for each.
A single order will be created, with multiple pending shipments.
- Multi-origin support
- Ability to mark certain items as being shipped separately, and calculate shipping based on this
- Estimator rates available via merging of rates from different warehouses
- Item/Shipping Breakdown for each warehouse shown in checkout optionally
- Optionally show merged rates so customer unaware of different underlying warehouses
- Automatic sending of email to warehouse/supplier on order creation
- Support for nearest warehouse functionality allowing products to be assigned to more than one warehouse, and the appropriate warehouse selected automatically according to nearest to shipping location
Checkout Extensions & Conflicts
Dropship has a significant footprint and as such is not generally compatible with Custom Checkout extensions, you would have to do some work to integrate these together. We do however support One Page Checkout.
You may find conflicts with other extensions if they do not correctly implement Magento core functionality. We have seen issues in the past with M2E, and extensions that manipulate carrier and item logic. Luckily these other extensions are being fixed up and we see this problem much less nowadays.
This knowledge base goes through the installation and setup of the WebShopApps Dropship Extension. By the end of the series you should hopefully have your site running the extension successfully in multi-warehouse mode.
Follow these steps to install and setup your extension
Dropship supports the following advanced features
- Ability to set rates based on Cart Totals rather than Warehouse Totals
- Ability to configure carriers per warehouse
- Use the warehouse that can ship the most items