- Open a product
- Select Shipping menu
- Select the shipping group the product belongs to
- Enter shipping price for Zone 1, Zone 2 and rest of world
- Enter additional item value and indicate if this should be treated as a price or percentage
Handling Additional Items
This extension will handle the shipping price calculation as follows:
- For each shipping group present in the cart the shipping price will be totalled
- For all subsequent items from the shipping group in cart the add-on price/percentage of each of these products will be multiplied by qty and added to shipping price total.
If 5 books are in cart, with a shipping price of $10 for the first item, and $5 for the rest, the total price would be $10 + 4*$5.
Maximum Shipping Cost
Within this shipping method you can set an overall maximum shipping cost. If empty it will be ignored.
Split Products into Shipping Groups
- Default is “no”. If in doubt use this.
Setting to “Yes” will apply the base shipping price to each product in cart if the product is not assigned to a shipping group. If set to no then will only apply the base shipping price to the highest price product in the cart which has no shipping group assigned.
For example; if there are 2 products with a base shipping of $10 and $3 respectively, and add-on as $2 flat. There are no shipping groups. You have 2 of each product in the cart.
With this switch set to “No” then the shipping will be $10+$3*$2. With it set to Yes it will be $10+$3+2*$2.